Okay, so I don’t think this bucket-list is going to be incredibly adventurous, but my excuse is; it’s my first BIG independent trip. These are not in any particular order, but are just some of my goals and hopes for this upcoming trip.
- Be able to hold a basic conversation in French: Because I’m going to be staying in France for around 3 months with an Aunt who knows limited-no English, I’m hoping that this will force me to use what little French I know and develop it a whole heap more!
- Try 9 new foods/dishes: I’m usually quite an adventurous eater, I’ll give almost everything a go. The only thing I’ve not been able to eat has been chicken feet at Yum Cha. If I was in another country and that was one of their traditional foods I’d totally eat it, at the moment though, not really my cuppa tea. And why 9 foods you ask? Just simply because 9 is my lucky number.
- Make friends with people from at least 5 different countries: I’m really looking forward to meeting new people, especially when I get to university in Cardiff, and meeting people from different backgrounds and cultures will be really interesting and rewarding too.
- Have a spontaneous trip/adventure: While I do have some things planned out, there is still a whole lot of time that I’ve left to “what ifs” and “maybe’s”, so I’m hoping that somewhere in this time slot I can go on some spontaneous trips that I’ve decided on just a few days (hours??) beforehand.
- Get a tattoo: Okay, so if Mum reads this she will KILL ME. But for about 4 or 5 years now I’ve really wanted to get a tattoo. Technically I’m old enough to get one without my parent’s consent, but I know how much my Mum doesn’t like them so I’ve refrained from getting anything. Going away though, I’m really set on getting one. So, sorry Mum, it’s going to happen.
- Do a blogpost at least every second day: I have a feeling this might be something I’ll find VERY difficult, but I’m hoping that I can create some consistency and a routine of blogging. The hardest thing for me is coming up with ideas, especially now, when I’m not really going anywhere or doing anything exciting.
- Go to a concert/music festival in another country: I know that this is definitely going to be something I will check off my bucket-list.
- Go to a theatre production in another country: Do I hear London’s West-End calling my name? I REALLY would love to see a theatre production or musical at the West-End, so keen.
- Travel to at least 5 NEW countries: This means I can’t include places that I’ve already been. There are of course a whole lot of places I would LOVE to visit, but I think that a whole different list in itself. I’ve done a quick country summary (that needs updating) HERE.
- MAKE A LONGER BUCKET-LIST: At the moment I have a very pathetically short bucket-list, but I will keep adding to this as I go along, so keep your eyes peeled!
If you can think of any other things that I can add to my bucket-list (not really things to see, but more things to DO) feel free to leave a comment below!