We may only be four months into 2015, but that doesn’t mean it’s too early to begin dreaming up and concocting a travel plan for 2016.
This year is a big year for me, I’m in my final year of university and will graduating at the end of the year, which is both an exciting but also very scary prospect. Because of this, along with the fact that I have very little money after my big 7 month trip just a few months ago, I have pretty much decided long distance travel will have to be designated for next year.
There are still so many uncertainties about next year, but I’m hoping that I’ll have at least a month next year to fit in a bit of travel mileage.
2016 Wish List: Below are some of the places I’m hoping to get to by the end of 2016
*places that would be awesome, but not necessarily a MUST for me
- New York City
- Orlando, Florida
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco*
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Ljubliana, Slovenia
- Cardiff, Wales (to visit my second home and see all my friends who I miss so much).
So there aren’t a lot on the list. But anything more would be very unrealistic at the moment. Also, the fact that I live in New Zealand always impends on how much I can travel, because New Zealand is so far away from everywhere, so flights out of the country are annoyingly, but understandably expensive.
In order to be able to do this trip next year, money (unfortunately) is a must, therefore I have a few goals that I need to achieve in order to afford the trip.
- Find another part-time job (I currently only have a casual job, which is great, but not ideal).
- Look for full-time work over the summer holidays
- Look for cheap flight and accommodation deals now
- Cut down on spending this year (don’t buy unnecessary things- something I am very guilty of doing).
- Also, I’d love to do a bit of travelling around home in New Zealand, I feel like it’s always ideal to explore what you’ve already got in your backyard.
So there you have it. Over the next few months I’ll be researching the places I want to visit and things I want to see, so I will be posting more in-depth travel wish-lists of particular places and will be happy for any advice or tips people may have about any of these places, so keep an eye out for those upcoming posts!